Thursday, January 22, 2009

Backstrom To Miss YoungStars Game

Washington Capitals center Nicklas Backstrom, who played in the 2008 NHL YoungStars Game in Atlanta, has withdrawn from the YoungStars Game this weekend in Montreal.

“I am grateful that I had the opportunity to participate in the YoungStars Game last year,” Backstrom said. “This year I felt like it made more sense for me to give someone else that opportunity and use this time to rest and prepare for the second half of the season with the Washington Capitals. I can assure Caps fans that I’m not injured and will be ready to go Tuesday in Boston.”
Backstrom, 21, ranks second on the Capitals and 14th in the NHL with 48 points in 48 games this season. His 36 assists are tied for seventh in the league and his 24 points on the power play rank tied for third.

St. Louis’s David Perron will replace Backstrom in this weekend’s YoungStars Game, the NHL announced today.

Any thought's on this Caps fans????

~ capscrazy

No comments: